- President of Possibility, Doing Death Differently
- Certified End-of-Life Specialist (CEOLS)
- End-of-Life Doula/DoulaPro
- Hospice Volunteer
- Certified Grief Recovery Specialist
- End-of-Life Educator, Speaker/Trainer
- Former Hospice Community Educator/Patient Liasion
Doula Network: Patty Burgess, CEOLS/DoulaPro
I provide End-of-Life Consulting Doula Services only, (wherever you are in the world) which includes an initial Consultation (up to 2 hours) to help you identify and source what you need at this most important time. Your initial consultation will also include, if requested, research and referrals for resources in your area, pre-interviews of selected practitioners or organizations, or other tasks associated with what you have identified as a need.
Delivered to you will be a full report of our discussion, resources identified, referrals-if needed, and next steps. I am available for additional/on-going sessions (though not required) which may include, but are not limited to:
- Non-medical companionship/personal support
- Bedside vigil support
- End-of-Life information/education
- Interviewing of community agencies
- Hospice/healthcare advocacy
- Coordination of care services
- Navigating family dynamics
- Understanding what to expect
- Identifying community resources
- “Direct care” doula referrals
- Pre-interviewing practitioners on your behalf
- Guidance and support through the dying process
- Advance care planning and directives
- Passage planning/sacred death plan
- Funeral & ceremony guidance & referral
- Home funerals/green burial guidance & referral
- Grief and bereavement support
- Caregiver support and respite options
- Legacy/life review support/information/tools
- Ritual, prayer, meditation support -referrals to area practitioners
A Personal Note
I am so glad you landed here! If you or a loved one is facing the end of life, it can be an overwhelming, confusing and fearful time. As an End-of-Consulting Doula…I listen. Then we discuss what would be of most value to you or a loved one, and then we set about putting that in motion.
I provide practical, emotional and spiritual support to help transform this death experience from one of overwhelm and fear, to that of comfort, peace, connection and meaning. Dare I say, even awe.
How we do this is different for everyone. Some prefer a hands-on, in person doula approach – and I will help you find that perfect person. Others just need to know that someone is at the other end of the phone or a video chat.
Since my company trains end-of-life doulas across the US and Canada, I am in touch with stellar people and resources that can help to make this journey a little more comfortable.
You craft our relationship and how you want to work with me. Let’s connect for an initial consultation and go from there.
“Conversations I’d had with Patty more than 18 months before Mother’s death, and along the way through her decline, had a strong impact on me, helping me to honor Mother’s wishes and care for myself and my loved ones during that challenging time. I am grateful for Patty’s being an advocate for greater understanding of death as a transition and natural part of life, and that I took to heart her gentle recommendations that helped me model a kindness and sensitivity I might not have had, had I not had benefit of some of Patty’s counsel along the way.”